CHEERS is California’s online directory and building registry for energy code compliance
CHEERS develops new technology to push the advancement and implementation of California’s Building Energy Standards.
CHEERS is the online collaboration hub that brings the right people, information, and tools together to implement California’s Energy Code. Builders, Contractors, Architects, Energy Consultants, HERS Raters and other industry stakeholders use CHEERS to document compliance with the requirements of California Energy Code. Building Departments verify project compliance with Building Energy Code in CHEERS prior to issuing a certificate of occupancy or final sign-off.
The California Energy Commission established the California Building Energy Efficiency Standards (Title 24) to improve the health, safety, and economic well-being of Californians. These Standards (Energy Code) are revised every three years to reduce inefficient and wasteful energy use new and existing buildings. CHEERS works closely with the California Energy Commission and local Building Departments to implement these standards.
The state’s Building Energy Efficiency Standards have saved Californians billions of dollars in reduced electricity bills.
Our Technology Platform
We develop new ways for building professionals to coordinate and implement California’s building energy code. Our technology platform features:
- Intuitive, Mobile Interface – Intuitive navigation through the complex energy code documentation process
- Activity Wall – Keep the Title 24 conversation in one spot. Add important notes and pictures every project member can review
- Documents & File Storage – Every project includes a space to share pictures, documents and important files. Since everyone on the project has access, people will know exactly where to find everything
- Notifications – Your alert system for new activity, tasks, comments, and more
- Building Department Access – Fast access and compliance verification for Building Department officials