INDUSTRY APPROVED TRAINING AT NO COST
Earn training and certification that can lead to a career as a Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Rater
LEARN WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR DESK
Highly interactive online training classes let you learn at your own pace
Sponsored by SoCalGas, CHEERS is providing free interactive training. Becoming a certified HERS (Home Energy Rating System) Rater could be a great career choice for individuals who are interested in a high-demand career within energy efficiency and sustainability.
Reasons to become a HERS Rater:
- Always in-demand skills: It’s California law. Most HVAC system replacements require permitting and independent inspection by a certified HERS Rater. All residential new construction homes must be verified by a certified HERS Rater.
- Career advancement: Becoming a HERS Rater can be a great way to advance your career in the building industry. It can provide opportunities for further training and certification in areas such as ENERGY STAR® and WaterSense.
Get professional-level training and certification from CHEERS
A QUICK OVERVIEW
What is Title 24 or the HERS program?
The HERS program in California stands for Home Energy Rating System. It is a statewide program that provides energy efficiency ratings for residential homes.
The HERS program was developed by the California Energy Commission (CEC) in collaboration with the building industry and other stakeholders. It is designed to help homeowners, builders, and other stakeholders make informed decisions about energy efficiency improvements and understand the energy performance of their homes.
Under the HERS program, trained and certified HERS raters evaluate homes and provide a HERS rating score, which is a measure of the home’s energy efficiency. The rating score ranges from 0 to 150, with lower scores indicating better energy efficiency. The HERS rater evaluates the home’s insulation, ductwork, heating and cooling systems, windows, and other factors that affect energy consumption.
The HERS rating can be used to determine eligibility for various energy efficiency incentives, including rebates, tax credits, and financing options. It can also help homeowners prioritize energy efficiency upgrades to maximize energy savings and reduce their carbon footprint.
Overall, the HERS program is a key component of California’s efforts to promote energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the residential sector.
No cost to you training available for a limited time
CHEERS offers no-cost to you training, funded by SoCalGas.
To be eligible for the FREE training and HERS Rater certification you must:
- Reside or work within the SoCal Gas territory
- Have an interest in the HERS Rating industry
- Have a computer and internet connection
- Be ready to dive into your new career!
You can also visit the CHEERS website to explore our centralized resource center, covering everything from CHEERS best practices, practical how-tos and most frequently asked questions.